Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 1: Who am I?

Welcome to my "Nine Plays Through Guild Wars" Project. Where I will be playing Guild Wars starting from square one, throughout the whole vast game, updating and sharing my experiences along the way.


Here is a short history, the reason why I'm playing, and then I'm going to jump right into this project!

A few years ago, around the release of Nightfall to pin-point a more specific date, I was obsessed with Guild Wars. Then, Eye of the North was released and after I plowed through that, I was done. I had about 8 characters I was focusing on, 3 were considered my mains though my Mesmer turned out to be my signature character.

Now, awaiting the release of Guild Wars 2, I thought it would be appropriate to play the game again, but this time start from square one. Mainly, I'm doing this because I basically forgot how to play in the time of my absence. Secondly, I think it would just be straight up fun.

There are no set rules to how I'm suppose to play. The only thing I won't be doing is supporting my character by supplying it funds or items from my established characters (though I will utilize bonus items).

Okay, now let's start!

Day 1: Who am I?

When I use to play, my main characters were my Mesmer, Warrior and Ritualist. My Mesmer has completed all the expansions except for Factions (try finding a group that wants a Mesmer, to go through some obscure Factions mission today - let alone a couple years ago!). He has the Obsidian Jacket from the Fissure of Woe. That's the extent of my glory in Guild Wars, so don't think I'm some great and awesome player haha. My Ritualist has completed Factions and my Warrior is (or was?) fun because I use to farm the Trolls in the cave found outside that place I can't remember the name of anymore.

All together, I have the following characters:
2 Mesmers
1 Elementalist
1 Assassin
1 Warrior
1 Monk
1 Paragon
1 Dervish
2 Rangers

Nothing special really out of the ones I haven't mentioned. The Rangers aren't that great - one is my pre-searing character, whom will never leave - and the other one is stuck in Cantha never to venture out. I have no Necromancer as you may notice... I had one that I got to level 20, but they never really appealed to me at all so I deleted it in favor of another character.

Here are a few shots of my main three guys :
(More of these will appear in the future)
Photobucket

So. Let's get to this. I'm making a Ranger. Why? It's the only class I haven't played through to level 20.

I'm starting in Prophecies, and I'm going to go in order from Prophecies, to Factions, to Nightfall then to Eye of the North.

Just to side track, here is what I thought of each game back in the 'day':
Prophecies : The originals always the best but too slow paced.
Factions : Underated, fun but annoying to play since it's always dead.
Nightfall : Unnecessarily difficult but best missions out of the three.
Eye of the North : Nice way to tie story but the worst of the four.

So, the character creation.

Photobucket

Nice way to start off playing the game. I'm the kind of person who obsesses over their in game avatar looks but this combination is fine for me. Now, a name. Luckily I thought about it before and picked "Bruno Giordano" but if I just began to think about it now, it would have taken me forever.

I arrive in Ascalon and what do I first see?
Photobucket

A jumble of characters. Then?

Photobucket
Some idiot at 1:00am dancing.


So, that will be it for Day 1. Day 2 will come tomorrow. I hope to update every day, but sometimes I won't get the chance to play every day... but, I definitely will post every time I do play! Thanks for stopping by!

(Sorry for the images being linked to Photobucket - I'm going to get a better way to display photos for Day 2.)

No comments:

Post a Comment